SOLIDWORKS CAD MODEL | GLASS CUP
In this SOLIDWORKS tutorial you will learn how to make a 3D CAD model of a Glass cup in SOLIDWORKS. This is a simple tutorial comprising of a few simple actions and commands. This tutorial is made on SOLIDWORKS 2018, but you can use it on other SW versions too. Because all of these SOLIDWORKS versions almost have the same user interface.
Important Feature commands used in this tutorial are LOFT, EXTRUDE and PLANE. Basically loft command is used to make solid models from two sketches in two different planes. Extrude is use to make a solid body by extrusion of surface/sketch in a specific direction. Reference plane command is used to make planes other than the front, right and top plane.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- First, make a sketch of the circle on the front plane and exit that sketch.
- Then use reference geometry command in the Features tab to make a plane at some distance.
- Now make a sketch for a bigger circle in the reference plane and exit sketch.
- Now use LOFT command with Thin feature to make the outer boundary of a glass cup thinner.
- Now use the Extrude command to make the base of the glass cup.
- Assign the glass material.
- Use Photoview 360 Add-in to render this 3D SOLIDWORKS CAD model.
Note: These SOLIDWORKS models are for practice purposes